Ghostwriter article submissions for publication on the MANDEM website. Any submission is subject to the following Terms and Conditions for Submission, and must comply with the applicable Guidelines for Ghostwriter below.
Terms and conditions for Submission
Anyone may submit material under the following conditions:
- Under no circumstances or in any way can MANDEM or persons otherwise affiliated with the aforementioned be held liable in respect of any material submitted and published for Ghostwriter, and cannot be held responsible for its content and accuracy by a User. Nonetheless, we will, if notified and having satisfied ourselves of the bona fides of the notification, remove any content that might constitute a legal violation, such as material submitted in potential breach of copyright.
- By submitting material for publication, you guarantee that you are the original copyright holder of the work in question, and you own the legal rights to use the information. As such, we have no legal liability regarding any copyright claims, but will simply remove offending articles as/when we are advised of any breaches.
- You may submit articles (of which you are the original copyright holder) that have been published elsewhere. It is required by you to inform MANDEM of the locations of such material and when it was published.
- Any material submitted will be reviewed by MANDEM, which decides on its publication. The publication of any material submitted will be at the sole discretion of MANDEM.
Reservation of Rights
- We reserve the right to accept, reject or remove any material submitted for publication with no explanation.
- Submissions may be rejected by our editors for any of the following reasons but are not limited to those listed below:
a. Article comes across as spam/advertorial (marketing pitches for single products, articles with lots of links in the text, or advertisements for businesses);
b. Subject matter or format is not relevant, or inappropriate;
c. Article is a repeat of an article we’ve previously published;
d. Article is riddled with spelling/grammatical mistakes;
e. Article is too short;
f. Article is not within our specific topic ranges;
g. Submission doesn’t comply with the section below, headed ‘Guidelines for Ghostwriter’;
h. Any other reason not mentioned above;
- Any material deemed defamatory, racist, or otherwise illegal will in any case not be approved for publication.
Non-exclusive license for publication
- By submitting materials, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
- In particular, you agree that we can make it available on our website (www.mandemhood.com) as well as in any other future MANDEM publications and/or media or social media, provided that due credit is given to the author.
- By submitting you are also giving permission for MANDEM to include your article in their RSS Feeds.
- No other use is implied or granted.
- If your submission is selected for publication or requires any change, we will contact you via the email address provided along with your submission.
- By submitting your article via our online-form or directly by e-mail, you grant us the right to contact you by the e-mail supplied, and you agree to receive e-mails from us regarding your submission.
- You agree that all articles submitted are submitted without any financial consideration now or in the future.
- Submissions may be made by anyone of any age and entries are not limited by guidelines stated in any marketing material. Ghostwriter is recommended for authors aged 18-25, but this is a recommendation only. Therefore, age is not a requirement for submission and the need to prove age in any circumstance by MANDEM in relation to any submission will be unnecessary.
- Before submission, you have the option to be published anonymously. You must express desire to be published anonymously when submitting, either by selecting the option in the online-form or stating so in a direct e-mail submission.
- Submissions themselves are not anonymous to MANDEM who will have access to the email address and name provided by you with submission. Access to this information by MANDEM will be respected, and in any case your desire for anonymity will be upheld.
- Depending on the nature of the article MANDEM may request to publish your age and city of residence. However, you may refuse this request if you wish.
Number of submissions
- Individuals can submit more than one article and are not limited by number. Unless in extreme cases where actions are deemed as spam or harassment, in such an event, submissions at fault will be blocked or filtered with specialised software.
- You acknowledge that any breach of the abovementioned warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third-party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
Use of data
You may contact MANDEM by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Ghostwriter
- Subject Matter – Authors are free to write about whatever they want as long as it has some relevance to the subject of race or masculinity. Interested parties wishing to ensure beforehand whether their preferred topic would fit our criteria may contact email@example.com.
- Word count – There is no strict word count, but in the interest of our readers, articles are recommended to be between 500 and 1,000 words.
- References – Should be included in text where necessary, but given the nature of a Blog Post generally be kept to a minimum. Any citations should be made as follows:
a. Book citations: must have author’s initial of first name and last name capitalized and in full; the title of the book in italics;
b. Article citations: must have author’s initial of first name and last name capitalized and in full, title of article in italics, url to online version (if available) provided in brackets for MANDEM editors to create hyperlinks with;
- Images – Images can be included as a suggestion but MANDEM will have the final choice on image selection.
- English – While we appreciate the truly international nature of international arbitration, the working language of MANDEM is English. Hence, we only accept materials submitted in English to ensure that we reach a maximum number of Users.
- Clear language – All submissions should be written in a clear language, with observation of rules of English grammar and spelling. We accept posts complying with either U.S. or U.K. rules of spelling, provided that one system is used consistently throughout the submission.
- Structure – Authors are encouraged to enhance the clarity of their articles by a clear structure. Such structure may be achieved by using paragraphs or subtitles, where appropriate.
- Capitals – Capitals are generally to be avoided, unless necessary or appropriate for the sake of clarity, or unless referring to MANDEM in writing, which must always be written in capitals, in full.
- Text formatting – The text should be formatted in Arial 12 point, with single spacing.
- Document Type – All materials must be submitted in either of the following formats:
a. Microsoft Word Document format (DOC)
b. Microsoft Word Document Extended format (DOCX)
c. Portable Document Format (PDF)
d. Plain Text (TXT)
Any other format will not be accepted.
- Upload Size – Submissions larger than 30mb will not be accepted through the online form. Any file size deemed suspicious will be deleted.